Monday, August 3, 2009

My Delimma

It is a new week and a new me. I have to get out and jog this week. I am in a contest at my job to loose weight, the winning team gets $5000 and I am dead last in my team. I believe that our team is in 24th place. I can't even get motivated by cash to loose weight and eat right.

I found out today while eating that a group next to me is bringing their lunches and eating in the break room. I am going to try this for a week to see how it goes. in addition to saving money by not eating out, maybe I will break my cycle of eating out during lunch and eat in and loose some weight.

What really scares me is this fact that I found out, One in five kids and two-thirds of adults are overweight or obese. I have 2 kids right now and I have a 50/50 chance that one of them will be overweight or obese. I can't see my kids like that and I won't. Is it enough motivation for me to loose my weight? I don't know.

I can read and read and read till my eyes bleed, and I know what I need to do but I am just lacking motivation to do it. I think it is enough time for me to say that I am going to try and just do it. So when i get home, I am going to change and go jogging and not even think about it. If I start thinking about it., I will have a harder time getting going.

No comments: