Thursday, August 20, 2009

Good day off

Well, yesterday was my day off from jogging and I quite enjoyed it. I spent the time with the family inside and outside of the house. I will be jogging this evening, I will be doing my usual 2.3ish miles at the lake. I have been following the 3/2 breathing while jogging, and I really feel that I can go further without walking now. I am not going to push myself and I will stick with my current podrunner intervals course though.

I want to mention that if there is anyone wanting to know more about training for the LR marathon or just wanting to get out and jog/run, you can go to http://www.littlerockmarathon.com/ and click on training on the right side and sign up for the emails. In the emails it tells you where they meet to run every Saturday morning. If you have never jogging before, don't feel intimidated also. You have to start somewhere and they know that, they are very supportive.

What I am going to do this year is train for the full marathon but run just the half. I have never run anything before, and want to really get out there and run the half marathon. I think it is a good start. I have run 1 or 2 5ks, but nothing over that, time to get to work ;-)

No comments: