Wednesday, May 28, 2008

Decisons..

For my birthday my wife asked me what i wanted. I thought long and hard and for the longest i was going to get wiifit. Well the time has come and I don't think i will get it, but instead I am going to get a new grill.

I have been wanting to get back into charcoal grilling. I have had a gas grill that my family bought us 6 years ago when me and my wife got married. It is high time that i got back to charcoal grilling. I have been looking at different grills, but the grill that keeps popping up as a quality grill is the weber kettle grills.

If you go to amazon and do a search for weber kettle grills, you see dozens of 5 star reviews for the 2 kettle grills that they make in 22.5 inch diameter. One is the Weber One Touch Silver and the Weber One touch Gold. The differences that I can tell is that the gold has a ash "bin" on the bottom to help dispose of charcoal ash easily.

The One touch silver does not have this "bin", but instead just a pan below it. I have read that a clay pot works very well for collecting the ash also if you have the silver. All you do is get a clay pot an put it on the "ash pan" and just let the ash drop in the clay pot instead of the pan.

The difference in cost is about $50. Is the cost worth the ash catcher? I don't think so, I think I can spend $50 on accessories for my new grill. Also I can get the silver down at my local Walmart along with a nice clay pot :-). There are a few mods that I want to do the grill when i get it. One of these mods is adding a thermometer to get the grill temperature.

So there you have it, I will be getting a grill for my birthday, something that every man should want and have. There are plenty of different grills out there, but I don't think there is one that comes from as good of a company as Weber. They make a quality product that will last for years.

Once I get it and grill, I will write about my experiences. I know that fathers day is coming up and I can think of no better thing to do but to grill.

No comments: