Tuesday, May 27, 2008

Memorial weekend come and gone..

It came and went, and with it, my birthday. What exactly happened I am not sure but I will share with the 1 or 2 people that read this blog.

This year we decided to travel back to West Monroe, LA and spend Memorial Day with family. It just happened that my wife's (Tiffany) brother and wife (Brandon and Pam) were also coming into town to be with my wifes family also.

We left early Friday morning so we could get into West Monroe to eat lunch with my wifes family. This was the first time that we drove any large distances with our new addition, Mason. He slept most of the way, only to woke up and cried about 30 minutes outside of Monroe because of a dirty diaper.

Saturday was an interesting day. My wifes family decided to go to Natchez and after driving all day to get to West Monroe getting into a car and drive for another 2 hours was out of the question. We decided to meet up with some friends that we have not seen in awhile and visit. We ended the visit and went back to the in-laws house.

Later in the day I decided to hang out with some old friends and have a few drinks, this was a bad idea. I knew going into it, it was a bad idea but I did it instead. I can remember talking to Eddie sitting at the bar drinking my beer saying "I feel bad leaving my wife and kids at home". I guess Eddie wanted to give me a good birthday present by buying all of my drinks and food, but I can tell you the next morning it was not feeling like a good present.

I think in that evening, I had 3 jager-bombs, and 2 shots of tequila along with all the beer that I drank. Needless to say the next morning I was not feeling well. I don't think I have felt that bad in the past 10 years and I know that I have said it in the past, but I will never do that again.

Now don't get me wrong, Eddie is not a bad guy. In fact he is the type of person that would do bail you out of jail if you needed it, or the type of person that always has your back if you get in over your head. I just made a bad decision on how much to drink.

I stayed at a buddies house for the night and I was hurting the next day. I got home around 11:00am on Sunday. Let me tell you, don't roll into your mother-in-laws house very hung over and looking like you slept in the street. That is not a good way to get on your mother-in-laws good side. I tried to eat lunch but could not and ended up falling asleep after lunch and woke up around 4'oclock that evening feeling much better and able to eat again.

Finally I get to my birthday on Monday the 26th and it went off with out much fanfare. I guess that is what you get when you get older. Don't get me wrong, I enjoyed it, just a little meh I guess. I grilled out with my in laws and my wife got me a little cake, it was a nice jester.

Now is Tuesday, back at work, another birthday down. This was my Memorial weekend in all of it excitement. What will I do next year? I don't know but I know for sure it will be with wife and family and without jager-bombs and tequila shots.

Enjoy the rest of the week...

No comments: