Sunday, May 11, 2008

If anyone is wondering...

I have starting to try and cook more. With 2 kids now, going out to eat is getting quite expensive, so I have been trying to cook more. My goal is to cook, atleast 1 good meal a week. Meaning no leftovers, no sandwiches, etc.

I hit up slashfoods.com a lot lately, it is a blog about cooking. I found this recipe and thought it would be good to try. All it is, is the white cheese dip from the Mexican restaurants. You know the one, the dip that you want to get but don't because it is so bad for you but ohhh, so good :-) .

Ingredients

1 C. shredded Asadero cheese
4 oz jalapeno chilies, drained and chopped
1/4 C. half and half
2 T finely chopped onion
2 tsp. ground cumin
1/2 tsp. salt

Directions

Heat all ingredients over low heat stirring constantly until cheese is melted. Serve with tortilla or corn chips.

I got this recipe from Recpe4living.com.

Enjoy

No comments: