Friday, June 27, 2008

Politics...

I know that I don't talk about this much, but something I read got me thinking. Did you know that this is the first US war that we have gone into without raising taxes. Instead of raising taxes to fund the war, we borrowed 750 Billion to 1 Trillion dollars form other countries. This is one of the reasons that the US dollar is so weak and a reason that the US economy is doing so bad.

So now that we know that, what can be done about it? My mother raised me to save money and to buy things when I had the money for it and guess what, this is what I have done though out my life and I have very little debt. Why can't we do the same for our country? Isn't it the same but just on a much larger scale?

I want to ask this to the candidates that are running for President. If there is someone out there that reads this little blog that has email address for each of the candidates, can you please reply so I can ask what plan they have to get us out of foreign debt.

Enough politics now, again if anyone knows of the email address of the candidates that I can send some questions to, please post them.

No comments: