Thursday, November 29, 2007

A Fresh Start

As most of you know I have not been updating my blog. I have not felt compelled to do so. I am going to try and change that.

Me and the wife have determined that it is time to get bikes to ride around the neighborhood. We went to a few big box stores and checked out a few of the bikes there. Most of these bikes were sub $200. Talking with more than one person that rides bikes both casually and non-casually, they all recommend staying away from these types of bikes.

So it took me to a few bike stores here in Little Rock. The first place, Chainwheel, from my first impressions, was geared toward the enthusiast. I saw lots of high end bikes. Went to another bike shop today, Little Rock Bike and Fitness. Must better bike shop for me. They are a Trek bike dealer, and the bike they recommended to me was around $350-$400. IMO that is a good starting price for a bike.

So now I am just going to eat dinner with my wife tonight, try and take her to the bike shop and see what she thinks. After if I get the urge and time, I want to go jogging. I really want to start this back up.

I have started bringing my lunch, and to me this is a big thing. For me it not only saves money, it will help me with meal portions and help me loose some weight.

Like I said before, I really am going to try and keep this blog going. Till next time.

No comments: